A Texas Power Plant was retiring three old units with plans to replace them with a new, efficient unit on the site. As a manner to control overall costs on the project, the decision was made to first review the existing handling system. The hope was that after upgrading the current handling system, it would be able to effectively feed the new unit.
Plant Professionals conducted the handling system assessment. Upon completion , P2 established that indeed the existing system could be utilized. An outlined plan of necessary upgrades was developed allowing plant management to prioritize projects based on need as well as available capital and ensuring that work would fit within scheduled start up of new unit.
Following the assessment, Benetech was brought in to manage and implement many of the upgrades noted in the plan. Benetech partnered with an engineering firm to complete necessary balance of plant system upgrades as well.
- Design, supply and installation
- Project management
- Training of plant personnel
Upgrades for the handling system included:
- Eight Chutes
- Containment upgrades to ten conveyors
- PACS installation in four chutes
- Fifteen midcap projects (conveyor evaluation, upgrade capacity of stackout, take-up re-engineering, re-work of the stacker).
- Dust Suppression
- Benetech partnered with an engineering firm to complete necessary balance of plant system upgrades as well
- In providing the overall solution, Benetech and Plant Professionals were able to provide a one stop solution to the customer, giving the customer single point responsibility for the success of the project